Friday, April 28, 2006

mom was right -- once

My hand is peeling. I eye it. Why would my hand be peeling? I have not been out in the sun really, I have not burned myself --

Oh. Wait. There was that "battery acid" incident.

I thought battery acid was just made up by my mother to terrorize me right before she made me go take batteries out of things. I have never actually seen battery acid or any evidence of battery acid's existence ever before and did not really believe in "battery acid," but there I am taking batteries out of a gadget [not a sex toy you pervs] and the little part that snaps open has some liquid on it on the inside and I am thinking, That is weird, where did that come from? Were my hands wet? And trying to wipe it off, and thinking, hmm, this liquid spot is sort of shaped like a battery, and I find more inside the gadget and ON the batteries I just knocked into my hand and I am thinking, This is really weird, gee, I hope this is not "battery acid," ha ha Mom --

When my hands get really mad really fast anywhere this stuff has touched them like they want to be rinsed off AND RIGHT NOW DAMMMIT.

Wow. Battery acid. Who knew?

4 Comments:

Blogger writergurl said...

Use baking soda to nuetralize the ph in the acid.

Good luck with it, I hope it doesn't hurt!

4:11 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Oh it does not hurt, it hurt then, but I rinsed it off with soap and water and it was fine. I was just surprised it is peeling. Hey, people pay big money for acid peels though, right? This is like a free spa treatment. Woo hoo!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Yeah, it kinda sneaks up on you like that. Do you know what's even more fun? It's when you didn't realize the battery leaked and you rub one of your eyes, stings like a jalapeno.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Who knew?

Your mom knew.

Ahem.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home