Wednesday, November 01, 2006

all hallow's eve

Tonight I know, truly, I am getting older. This is the first Halloween it has not been a goal to dress up and go out. Instead, I am at the computer writing assignments for a class and cast lists for a film.

If I pull off the film there may be a costume party though. Hell with that, a costume ball.

Sirens scream all over Hollywood. And I think about people past, in my life, and what All Hallow’s Eve means, really means, and would I really be disturbed if any of them showed up?

Not the important ones. The ones that mattered.

I think there has been too much death in my life. Halloween is different now.

And no, you cannot share any of my Reese's. Get your own candy. Jeez.

4 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

I love All Souls Day. I think it's nice to remember. (And if it's nice to remember, hey, that's what Reese's are for. However -- I have discovered Reese's Big Cups, which are big thick peanut butter cups. They have various different ones but the ones I crave, the ONLY ones I love are the Big Cups with Peanuts. Aaaaaah! They are the best.)

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so greedy. Share!

1:21 AM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

No way. The Almond Joys stay with me. Fresh!

This is going to be a great costume ball.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I've always wondered about that with Halloween - death and candy. I got in a bad car accident a year ago - I ate a huge quesadilla, a pot of guacamole and three flans when I got home. Life is sweet;)
(and so are those Reeses!)

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home