Saturday, February 11, 2006

bring on the fries

So Sunday is my birthday. I do the Max thing. I tell people on Thursday that Sunday is the big night and where I will be.

My birthday celebrations are generally an eclectic gathering of who can get free or is free with three days notice. The invites always say rsvp. People never rsvp. My birthdays are mystery nights. The guests are the presents. Surprises. I like them that way.

I get email from one friend he will be there if he survives the Long Beach chili cheese fries eating competition. I wonder if this is wise. I am suddenly glad the party is outside on a roof.

The Long Beach chili cheese fries eating competition features $10,000 in prizes. $4,000 goes to the winner.

I say, Jeez, that is better than a lot of screenwriting competitions.

My friend says, Yes, sadly, chili cheese fries are better than most scripts.

He has a point.

It still seems wrong you can get a bigger prize for eating chili cheese fries -- and have better odds of winning -- than you can winning most screenplay competitions.



Your Birthday Adams Girl

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Max! I hope you'll be wearing your tiara.

2:33 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Damn straight.

3:40 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Thanks Toni. And thanks Gwenda, I got sidetracked by tiara enthusiams and forgot to say thanks there oops.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiara blindness is an occupational hazard...

7:32 AM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Yes. Also you have to watch the magic wand action the uninitiated could put an eye out with that.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Tiaras, wands and chocolate? Could champagne be far behind?

Happy, happy!

3:51 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Well no champagne but I am going to stain hell out of my teeth with red wine tonight. Yay!

Hey I broke the forum it is going to be down a little bit the data base is all screwed up. Um. Ooops. I just do not want to wrestle php on my birthday so it is going to be a day or so before that is fixed unless I get way more wiley than I am feeling like being today.

4:07 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Okay I lied I could not stand it so I fixed the forum.

Sheesh.

6:02 PM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Yay!

11:37 AM  
Blogger writergurl said...

Happy belated b-day.

Sigh, I always get to the party late!

10:30 AM  
Blogger seemaxrun said...

Thanks, WG.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home